Monday, January 28, 2013

The Mighty Hudson in January

Oh, I almost forgot to post this!
I admit, I love the Hudson River.
She is majestic, winding it's way 300 miles from Lake Tear of the Clouds in the Adirondacks, joining forces with the Mohawk River, and flowing into the Atlantic Ocean at New York Bay.
I take a photo from this very same spot multiple times throughout the year. When spring comes, I look forward to dipping my toes into the freezing water, just for a taste and reminder of the serenity I feel when I will jump all the way in sometime in July.
And it reminds me every single time I encounter this river, whether I'm just photographing the iced jams or I'm gingerly putting a toe or two in, or I'm flipping out of my inner tube to fully submerge myself, it reminds me of this saying by some Greek dude ""No man ever steps in the same river twice". Love love love that saying. 
No, it's not the most jaw dropping view, but it's easily accessible and I pass it frequently while working.
Enjoy this photo, I'll post another one in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment